Occupancy Obtained! THANK YOU
It’s true. Occupancy for the Bethany Birches Cabin has been granted. Here’s the proof, in fact.
This post is about the people who made it happen and what happened. THANK YOU!
- About a year ago we were informed we’d need to stop using the cabin April 1, 2012
- The board and I struggled to find a way forward – including how to pay for the upgrades
- Many people gave of their financial resource generously. Without these folks, we couldn’t have done it: First Congregational Church of Woodstock, Doug and Becky Clemens, Dave and Beth Anders, Blooming Glen Mennonite Church, Bernard Sippin and many others.
- $75,000 poured in over just a few months.
- $65,000 has been spent and we’re done meeting the requirements! We expect to use the “extra” toward a few details in the cabin and any additional toward the upcoming Pavilion replacement. Please do write to me (Brandon) if you’d prefer your gift to be allocated differently.
- The fire marshals were kind and flexible and helped us create a building that is much safer in case of fire.
Some of the people: (THANK YOU)
- Robert Buchan – helping with permitting and lending knowledge
- Paul Derksen & Dave Beidler – carpenters working at a discount seeing the project through
- Bergey’s Electric – giving materials and sending retired veterans
- Harold & Esther Bergey, Herb & Janet Frederick – the retired vertans
- Mike Bryan – overseeing the electrical at a discount
- Many volunteers came to help
- The Horsts (Earl, Merle, Mike & Clifford Horst)
- Joanne & Ken Hershey
- Leon Kratz
- Andrew Moyer
- Matt Haritoonian
- Greg Jenne
- Gerry Hawkes
- Kristopher Blanchard
- Scott Hepler
- Dave Doria
- Tom & Gail Smith
- Mary Jane Crockett
- Margaret Campbell
- Diane Root
Some pictures from the first first stage
Some pictures from the second stage:
How the lofts look upon completion:Cabin & Fire Marshal