Summer camp is so close and the weather proves it! The Pandemic is over in this country and the disease Covid-19 remains. There are varying viewpoints and opinions on how to behave at this time so we wanted to lay out our basic expectations for the summer 2022 season, as of June 7, 2022. This post may be updated in the coming weeks.
We desire safety for all participants including emotional, social, spiritual, and physical. As such:
- All campers coming to camp need to be healthy, without symptoms of illness.
- If campers develop symptoms of illness while at camp, we will let them rest, rehydrate, and if no improvement, arrange for a pickup. Camp is a hard place to rest, recuperate and recover. A camper may return to camp after 24 hours illness free.
- At this time we require proof of a Covid-19 negative test (at home rapid is fine) within 36 hours before coming to camp. Details will be explained in the preparation packet you will receive. If there is an update to this requirement, you will receive an email prior to your session start.
- If your child or anyone in the household has had Covid within the 5 days before camp, please notify us by email (camp @ bethanybirches.org) so we can schedule a call with you.
- We strongly encourage the required Vermont Department of Health vaccinations as well as becoming up to date with Covid-19 vaccination.
I hope your school year is wrapping up well. Can’t wait to see you on the hill soon!