Fire Marshal Update: Call for help
It’s been about two months since the fire marshal’s visit. We continue to be thankful for the way their office is working with us and helping to make the building safer.
Here’s what’s happening this month (May):
- Electricians are working on the smoke detection system
- Egress windows being installed
- Cutting trees for a neighbor to earn cash for the project ($5000!)
- Stairways being upgraded (smoke proofed)
- Exit from loft constructed
- LOTS OF CLEANING afterward!
- Carpentry, building trades – May 21-June1. We need at least 2 volunteers each day.
- Cleaning – we’ll need help with this from June 4-8
- Cooking – particularly things that can be frozen. Baked goods too. We need some lunches for people working the last two weeks of May.
Once we hit June, we hope to have occupancy. We expect to begin a small addition project that will finish the requirements for the building. But, because of time, we need to postpone that till August and the fire marshal has been gracious in helping us get a timeline that works.
Join me in praying and hoping for a fun-filled, safe, eternally impacting summer!
TunaTags: Cabin & Fire Marshal