Position: Summer Administrator (AKA Office Manager)
Job Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Total Positions Hired: 1
Duration: 12 weeks; End of May – Mid August (this is flexible for the right person… could be shorter or even a little longer)
The summer administrators job is vast and relates to administrative procedures and process that keep the camp running smoothly! There is also a lot of communication: answering phone and email, helping parents with registration details. In general you will work closely with the directors.
- Monitoring and promptly replying to all email
- Answering the phone and replying to voicemails
- Help with the check in and check out processes
- Print and prepare all necessary documents for upcoming registrations (week prior)
- Process registration monies
- Update camper records according to changes (cancellations etc.)
- Organize the interest group sign-ups
- Create report for the kitchen of upcoming food allergies
- Communications may include Facebook and texts
- Record donations and run receipts
- Print and mail birthday cards
- Compile prior weeks evaluations and analyze data and report to PD
- Be available to help with various aspects of camp! This may include duties related to the nurse and video producer among other things.
Must be capable of working well with a computer.
Willing to learn basic finance.
Able to articulate yourself well on the phone and in person.
Minimum age: 18
- Either hourly or salary, depending on how many days available and regularity of those days. If salary and living on site the pay could be structured like the counseling staff:
- Up to $900 additional if participating in support a staff
- Room and board (even during the weekends!)
- Pay raise if you return for more than one summer
Support a Staff: Through the Support a Staff program you can add up to $900 to your salary for the summer. Your goal is to raise an additional $450, and BBC will match the amount you raise. Any additional money raised will be put into the Support a Staff fund. We’ll provide you with a great sample letter to send out to friends, family, or your church.
If your circumstance does not warrant the above, we can adjust according to your needs.