Position: Program Extraordinare
Job Type: Full-time, seasonal
Total positions hired: 1
Duration: 9 weeks, from early June to the middle of August
This person will generally answer to and receive assignments from the Program Director (PD) and work closely with the Assistant Program Director (APD). This position was created for a person who is passionate about Bethany Birches Camp’s ministry and can serve to implement the program on a daily and hourly basis. This role must be filled by a person who is flexible, energetic, creative, service-oriented and willing to adapt as the needs of the summer develop. This position is filled by a capable leader.
These are suggested but may be altered depending on the makeup of the summer team:
- Implement the summer program by providing creative transition and clear instruction for each activity
- Provide appropriate parameters for activities to keep program activities safe (physically, emotionally, spiritually, socially)
- Working with APD and PD to create and improve BBC Program
- Meet with Program Director as regularly scheduled each week
- Supporting counselors as they build relationships with campers
- On Site Wilderness Weekend Leader
- Miscellaneous program and facility tasks in timely fashion (cleaning, setup/clean up of events such as cookouts, theme days etc.)
- Recreation leadership
- Worship coordinator (can be delegated as the talents of summer staff are unveiled)
- Cooperation Course Facilitator (we’ll provide training)
- Life Guard (we’ll provide training)
- Counselor (in case of an emergency)
- Up to $900 additional if participating in support a staff
- Room and board (even during the weekends!)
- Pay raise if you return for more than one summer
Support a Staff: Through the Support a Staff program you can add up to $900 to your salary for the summer. Your goal is to raise an additional $450, and BBC will match the amount you raise. Any additional money raised will be put into the Support a Staff fund. We’ll provide you with a great sample letter to send out to friends, family, or your church.
Many of our staff come back year after year, and we love that! We try to encourage all of our staff to return by offering them a pay raise for each summer they return!