The part time facilities manager is probably someone with plenty of buildings, grounds, or maintenance experience. You might have a second job or role you can't let go of. You probably live nearby so the commute isn't a struggle (especially in the winter!). You enjoy the outdoors, enjoy having fun, and can lead others. You are handy, creative, and can work with a team to implement innovative strategies.
To perform the general maintenance, repairs and upkeep of the Bethany Birches Camp facilities including building, grounds, motor vehicles and tools. This person also has supervisory responsibility.
Job Type: Part-time, year-round, exempt, hourly. Ideally more than half time.
Location: On site at camp
Reports to: Executive or Camp Director
Direct Reports: Seasonal staff, facilities volunteers, facilities contractors
- Conducts or coordinates mowing, tree-trimming, forest management, snow removal, trash disposal, repair and maintenance of walkways, program facilities (climbing, challenge course), and more.
- Coordinates maintenance on buildings.
- Stores equipment safely and follows maintenance schedules for machines.
- Oversee buildings, systems, vehicle, and equipment inspections & registration.
- Oversee interior and exterior renovations and enhancements in consultation with the Facilities Director and/or designate.
- Supervise part-time and seasonal maintenance and renovation staff and volunteer teams.
- Inventories and purchases cleaning supplies, fuel, safety equipment.
- Test and organize AV equipment recommending new purchases as needed.
- Supervise and complete firewood processing. Retrieves wood and loads the boiler.
- Cleans or arranges cleaning service between camp and guest groups.
See the full job description for complete duties.
The starting wage is $20/hour and is negotiable higher if exceeding minimum job expectations and experience or lower if little to no experience. Though not eligible for full time benefits, The Facilities Manager is provided meals for themself and their family whenever we are serving guests and they are on duty. Off season scheduling is flexible. You may purchase discounted health insurance for yourself. The camp also matches 3% of your pay to a SIMPLE IRA plan or helps with student debt repayment. There are other minor benefits including access to a Killington Season Pass.