Job Type: Full-time, seasonal – option to work more than 9 weeks
Total hired for this job: 2
Duration: 9 weeks, from early June to the middle of August
Job Description: This person reports to and receives assignments from the Program Director. This position was created for a person who is passionate about Bethany Birches Camp’s ministry and can serve to implement the program on a daily and hourly basis. This role must be filled by a person who is flexible, energetic, service-oriented and willing to adapt as the needs of the summer develop. This position is filled by a capable leader who has already been a part of Bethany Birches Camp program.
Job tasks (these are suggested but may be altered depending on the makeup of the summer team):
- Implement the summer program by providing transition and instruction for each activity
- Creating and developing new program activities.
- Liaison between summer staff and Program Director
- Provide feedback to continue to improve summer program – what works/what does not work.
- Meet with Program Director as regularly scheduled each week.
- Supervise and Communicate with Assistant Counselors and CIT’s
- Miscellaneous program and facility tasks (cleaning, setup and take down of events such as cookouts, theme days etc.)
- Recreation leadership (can be delegated)
- Worship coordinator (can be delegated as the talents of summer staff are unveiled)
- Cooperation Course Facilitator
- Life Guard
- Camp Shepherd (1 or 2 weeks as needed basis)
- Counselor (none – hopefully, but will be used as a last resort counselor if an emergency arises)
- $162 per week for nine weeks
- Additional $80/week if participating in staff matching
- Room and board included
- Tons of fun
Bottom Line: $2100 + benefits above (you can take home more cash if you raise more than $320 as part of staff matching).
How to Apply:
- Fill out the application (below).
- Send in your references – see the application for details.